Raimund Bollenberger was one of Austria's leading civil law experts, university professor for civil and corporate law at the Vienna University of Economics and Business as well as attorney at law and partner at DSC Doralt Seist Csoklich. Educating and promoting young academics was always close to his heart and something he continuously pursued with full commitment in practice and academia. In his honor, DSC invites applications for the
Raimund Bollenberger Award
in the amount of € 5,000
for outstanding scientific work by young academics under the following conditions:
- Applicants must not have reached the age of 32 by the closing date for applications (see section 4). Employees of DSC as well as award winners from previous years are excluded from participation.
- Submissions can be made for dissertations in law dealing with a topic of Austrian banking contract, capital market, insolvency, corporate, general terms and conditions or consumer protection law or with the law of loan securities. If the dissertation has been published, the publication must not have taken place more than one year before the end of the submission deadline (see section 4.).
- The dissertation must be submitted electronically in PDF or Word format. Submissions must be accompanied by (i) a brief curriculum vitae and (ii) grades/appraisal related to the submitted paper. DSC is authorized to archive submissions.
- Submissions must be sent by 31 May 2023 the latest to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline may be extended by DSC for objectively justified reasons.
- A three-member jury decides on the awarding of the prize. The jury is entitled to divide the prize between two applicants. It may also refrain from awarding the prize if there are no suitable submissions. The jury decides by a simple majority of votes. Its decision is final and is not subject to any appeal, even in court.
- If awarded, applicants must present the topic of their work at a DSC event. With their application, applicants agree to the (repeated) publication of their name and use of their pictures, in particular on the DSC website, as well as to the electronic storage of their data provided in the course of the application by DSC.